Everything You Aways Wanted to Know About Going to the Theatre*: *but were too sloshed to ask, dear
Paperback | Feb 2018 | Nick Hern | 9781848425880 | 224pp | 216x138mm | Out of stock | RFB | AUD$23.99, NZD$27.99
West End Producer, the masked man of theatre-land, and author of the bestseller Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Acting (But Were Too Afraid To Ask, Dear), returns with the ultimate guide to the theatregoing experience – for anyone who’s ever been to the theatre, or who thinks they might like to try it one day. A cult figure in London’s theatre scene, WEP is ready to share his industry secrets once again, this time coming to the aid of audience members everywhere as they embark on the most perilous quest of all: going to the theatre.
Packed with insider know-how and naughty anecdotes, this book will tell you how to make your West End adventure as smooth as Craig Revel Horwood’s nose, including tips and advice on:
- What shows to see and what to avoid (how to see the hits and not the shits)
- Where to sit (without developing ongoing neck problems and deep vein thrombosis)
- How to combat theatre rage (and get to the ladies’ loos before anyone else)
- What to eat (crisps, sweets, or kebabs?)
- What to wear (from the correct attire at press night, to the importance of a good, reliable codpiece at The Globe)
- And, crucially, how to leave early if the show is rubbish (a ‘Shrubbish’)
Also included are many of WEP’s most wickedly astute tweets, potted histories of some the greatest West End shows, and handy instructions on how to become one of West End Producer’s ‘Theatre Prefects’ – protecting theatres from phone users, snorers, and persistent latecomers.