Brain-Based Learning with Gifted Students (Grades 3-6): Lessons from Neuroscience on Cultivating Curiosity, Metacognition, Empathy, and Brain Plasticity
Brain-Based Learning With Gifted Students combines relevant research in neuroscience with engaging activities for gifted elementary students in grades 3-6.
- Teaches how development and learning processes happen in the brain
- Helps students and teachers explore specific brain-based concepts together
- Includes a concise research overview on why each concept works and matters
- Offers extension ideas to deepen the activities and strategies for applying each concept to other content areas
- Aligns to gifted programming standards
Through the lessons in this book, students will learn how to cultivate curiosity, neuroplasticity, metacognition, empathy, and well-being. Grounded in research on the latest findings in neuroscience, this book empowers gifted education teachers with relevant information on brain-based learning.