The Science of Monsters: The Truth about Zombies, Witches, Vampires, Werewolves, and Other Legendary Creatures
Paperback | Nov 2019 | Skyhorse Publishing | 9781510747159 | 240pp | 229x152mm | GEN | AUD$27.99, NZD$32.99
A must-have for any fan of dark and spooky cinema.
Gothic media moguls Meg Hafdahl and Kelly Florence, the women behind the Horror Rewind podcast called 'the best horror film podcast out there' by Film Daddy, are revisiting horror films from their childhood to discover the science behind the mask. Join Kelly and Meg as they unravel the medical mysteries and scientific marvels that inspired the creation of famous monsters like Nosferatu, Norman Bates, and many more.
In The Science of Monsters, Meg and Kelly discover the real science behind our greatest fears. In interviews with experts at the top of their field, they seek answers to questions like:
- How would a zombie really decompose in Night of the Living Dead?
- Are there instances of shape shifting in nature like in The Wolfman?
- What is the science behind the night terrors that inspired the creation of Freddy Krueger?
- Is there scientific data supporting ghost detection like the tools used in Poltergeist?
- What is the psychological drive that compels cannibals like Hannibal Lector?