Lafosse & Alexander's Essential Book of Origami: The Complete Guide for Everyone
Paperback | Nov 2016 | Tuttle Publishing | 9784805312681 | 96pp | 279x216mm | GEN | AUD$22.99
World-renowned origami artists Michael G. LaFosse and Richard L. Alexander share their wisdom and expertise of the rich world of paper folding in LaFosse & Alexander’s Essential Book of Origami. This comprehensive beginner’s guide contains 16 step-by-step lessons, accompanied by a free DVD with four hours of detailed video instructions.
Most of the projects are original and never before seen in print. In addition to explaining how to select your folding papers, how to preserve and display your creations, and even how to sell origami art commercially, this book also presents the authors’ own personal philosophy of the paper folding art.
This indispensable book provides an understanding of how to:
- Understand the folding properties and limitations of various papers
- “Dance with the Paper” which means folding in the air instead of on a table
- Design your own original origami models
- Wet-fold paper money
- Make duo-sided paper by back-coating
- Prepare papers with pearlescent and lustrous paints for scintillating effects
- Pre-paint and wet-fold watercolor paper
- Understand how the paper’s grain impacts fold placement during wet-folding
- Fold multi-piece modular compositions